Holwell has an active Neighbourhood Watch Team who are responsible for the following areas.
Holwell Road - Paula Morton (01462 713831)
Rands Meadow (Part) - Keeley Sparrow (01462 711149)
Rands Meadow (Part) - Rosemary (Pinky) Gainsford (01462 712266)
Gurneys Lane - Richard Cox (01462 712732)
Rands Close - Marion Wilson (01462 712259)
Pirton Road (North) - Helen Bailey (01462 713836)
Pirton Road/Waterloo Lane - John Burden (01462 712187)
Keeley Sparrow is also the Area Coordinator for Holwell.
Our local PSCO is Heather Burrows who can be contacted on 07847 364955 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If an emergency does occur or you see a crime in progress, please ring 999 immediately. The non-emergency number is 101 (e.g. to give information about a past crime or to report suspicious vehicles or individuals)
Within Hertfordshire we have introduced a user friendly, confidential communication system called OWL (Online Watch Link). This system allows us to send messages directly to you on a localised street level - by either email or telephone, dependent upon your own preference.
OWL can give you real-time updates about what's going on in your local area. It can be accessed from computers and mobile phones with an internet connection at www.owl.co.uk
What sort of things is the OWL used for?
- Emergency safety messages in the case of critical incidents (such as the Buncefield explosion of 2006)
- Rogue Traders or Suspicious Vehicles operating in your area
- Warnings about emerging crimes in your local area (e.g. if there was a sudden rise in Burglaries)
- Urgent enquiries (such as a missing child)
- Community events (such as a Police or Councillor surgery, a fete or new community projects)
- Current common Scams and Fraud happening in the county.
- In addition, you will also be able to access Neighbourhood Watch resources such as lists of trusted traders, links to the council and fix my street, and receive crime prevention advice.